Last November 22, 2018 from 5:30PM to 9PM at Max’s Scout Tuazon, Diliman, Quezon City, The Madrigal Foundation headed by Ms. Therese Madrigal with its partners had a successful launched of “Para Kay Manong Toda,” an Advocacy campaign to help our marginalise tricycle drives to help them alleviate their lives by being heard through forums, seminars and press conference by inviting government officials and private sectors as panelist’s and speakers. That way, the Foundation is hoping that at least some of their needs will be heard by means of these awareness programs.
Two panel discussions has been held with topics ranges from environment to wellness. Speakers includes;
1. Shariff Ibrahim (An advocate and aspiring public servant. Running for a seat at the senate)
2. Migui Moreno (Actor and Businessman. Aspiring public servant from Quezon City)
3. Mario Batuigas (Aspiring public servant from Bulacan and a former radio broadcaster and now holds an online broadcast)
4. Bong Quiroga (Business Chamber President for Business)
5. Rey Castro (Barangay Captain at Santa Maria, Bulacan, TODA)
6. Usec Rose Bistoyong (Climate Change Council)
7. Eva Lisa Adoremos (Manong Toda)
8. Ms. Therese Madrigal (Madrigal Foundation)
Ms. Therese Madrigal is overwhelmed with the outcome. Attendees came even from other countries just to attend the event and more from the local government units. She mentioned that the event is just the start and will be touring nationwide to support the trike drivers and operators.
The event was moderated by PTV Anchor Emelie Katigbak and Manila Times Business Writer Engr. Grace Bondad Nicolas.
The “Para Kay Manong Toda” that aids the well being of the marginalised tricycle drivers. Most of the tricycle drivers are head of the family and works 7 times a week to support their loved ones without health insurance and most doesn’t received benefits from the government. These modern day heroes are exposed to pollution and some environmental hazards everyday.
One of the program under this project is to seek help to focus on their working and medical conditions. In this way, these heroes can continue helping their families and the society as well giving good transportations to those in need. The foundation believes that information dissemination is one way to be heard.
For more information: 09778978877/022193503
Mag-post ng isang Komento